To activate your Virtual Card, click “Select to Redeem” in the email, log in to the Cash Assistance website using your Client ID and DOB, set a PIN, and your card is activated for use.
Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov Activate Card Number: How to log in and complete the card number activation process? How to sign up for a new account and find a client ID? How to check Gateway Georgia Gov cash assistance balance and get help through a customer service phone number?
Check out the complete information related to the $350 Cash Assistance program offered by the Georgia government in this article. We are going to share all the updated information including step-by-step process. Please have a look.
Georgia government has introduced the Cash Assistance program to help and support Georgia families and individuals. A prepaid Mastercard has been introduced to provide Cash Assistance to all citizens. Georgia citizens can access $350 funds to purchase food, groceries, and other items and also they can pay their bills. It is a valuable resource for all citizens who are poor and in need.
What is the Georgia Cash Assistance Program?
In 2022, Governor Brian P. Kemp dedicated more than $1 billion to the Department of Human Services to provide cash assistance of up to $350 for active enrollees of Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF. Georgians who are enrolled in more than one of these programs will only receive one cash assistance payment.
The cash assistance program was started due to the global COVID-19 health emergency and an all-time high economic inflation in the United States. By providing cash assistance to highly needy and poor citizens of Georgia state, the government ensures that all citizens get the required assistance to manage their daily needs.
Who is eligible for Georgia Cash Assistance?
All Georgia citizens who are enrolled in more than one of the Georgia benefit programs such as Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids, SNAP, and/or TANF as of the eligibility date are eligible to receive a one-time cash assistance of $350. To check your eligibility, please log in to your gateway.ga.gov account and visit the “Check My Benefits – Case Selection” page. Here you can check your and other family members’ eligibility to receive cash assistance.
How to apply for $350 cash assistance in Georgia?
There is nothing you can do to get the cash assistance. Your eligibility will be determined automatically based on your enrollment in more than one benefits program offered by the Georgia government. You do not need to submit any application to receive Cash Assistance.
All you can do to update your current contact information in your Georgia Gateway account. You can also do this through the GA Gateway Mobile App. You can opt-in to receive email communication or Mail communication so you must update the correct email address and Mailing address in the Georgia Gateway account. Please note that citizens who have opted to receive email communication will receive their Prepaid Mastercard early. A separate email will be sent to each eligible person in the household.
What if you are eligible but don’t receive a cash assistance card activation email?
As we have already told you you must update the current contact information in your Georgia Gateway account to get the the cash assistance card activation email. Please ensure that your email address and physical address are latest and working. You will receive your virtual card through email and physical card through Mail delivery.
Virtual Card and Physical Card?
Everyone who is eligible for the cash assistance program receives a virtual card or a physical card as per their preference.
The virtual card is a digital card that can be used online or offline to purchase essential items, buy groceries, pay bills, purchase gas, phone purchases, etc. Citizens can add the virtual card to their wallet also and use that to pay through contactless payments.
Similarly, if you have opted for the Mail communication in your GA Gateway account, you will receive a prepaid Plastic Card powered by Mastercard. Plastic cards will take more time to deliver. The main benefit of a plastic card is that you can use it like a debit card and swipe it anywhere where Mastercard debit cards are accepted in the U.S.
- Both Virtual and physical cards have an expiry date which is printed on the card.
- Both are prepaid cards and can be used one time. You can not reload funds.
- Both are available to use only in the United States.
- You can not get cash through your card.
- You can manage your cards by logging in to the cash assistance website.
How do I Activate the CashAssistance Gateway GA Gov Card?
Activating your Virtual Card is a straightforward process.
Just visit the Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov website https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/sign-in and enter your Client ID and Date of Birth to log in. Your card will be activated instantly.
Simply follow these steps:
- First, check if you have received a cash assistance payment email.
- Georgia Department of Human Resources will send you an email from the [email protected] email address.
- Click the link “Select to Redeem” in the email.
- You will be redirected to the cash assistance gateway ga gov website.
- Now Log in to the Cash Assistance website entering the Client ID and Date of Birth of the eligible household member whose name is written in the email.
- After login, Set a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Your Virtual Prepaid Card is now activated and ready for use.
Direct CashAssistance Gateway GA Gov Login and Activate Card.
You can also log in directly to the official website and activate your cash assistance card.
- Visit the official website https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/
- A login screen will appear on your device.
- Enter the Client ID of the eligible member and date of birth.
- Click the “Log In” button to access your account.
- Set a PIN for your cash assistance prepaid card.
Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov Card Activation for Other Members
If you have multiple members in your household who are eligible to receive $350 cash assistance, you will receive a separate email for every member. In every email, you will get a link to activate the cash assistance prepaid Mastercard. You will need the client ID and date of birth of each eligible individual member. Please note that the email will be sent to the Household head’s email address only.
Now click the link in every email and log in by using the member’s client ID and date of birth. After login, set up a new PIN. Please repeat this activation process for all members through the email link. Please note that you can find the client ID for all members in your Georgia Gateway account.
- All the cash assistance payments will be received by eligible household members electronically. No physical cash will be given to anyone.
- Do not delete the email you received as this email will be used to activate your cash assistance card.
- The email is specific to the person who received this email.
- Do not share this email with anyone.
- There is no need to reply to this email. The email is for activation purposes only.
CashAssistance Gateway GA Gov Physical Card Activation
If you have opted to receive a plastic card in the physical form then you will receive it within 30 days. You can use it like you use a debit card to use your $350 cash assistance. Please note that you will have to pay the required fee of $2.1 to get a plastic card.
Once you get your physical card, you will have to activate it first. The activation process is similar to activating the virtual card. Please follow the below steps.
- Once you receive your Georgia Cash Assistance Prepaid Mastercard, open the Georgia Gateway portal.
- Find out the Client ID from your GA Gateway account.
- After that, open the official website, https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/.
- Login to your account by entering the Client ID and date of birth.
- Set a PIN for your Physical card.
Note: Card activation instructions are also available in the cash assistance card kit delivered to you. Please read all the instructions carefully before activating your card.
Cash Assistance Gateway Ga Gov dashboard
After logging in to your account, you can view your account dashboard page. You will find important information about your cash assistance programs and your virtual card through your account.
After logging in, you can check the below information.
- Card Balance – You can find the current available balance of your cash assistance card on the top left side.
- Card Information – Click the View Card button in the Virtual Card section to view your card information such as your 16-digit card number, Expiry date, and CVV number.
- Set PIN – Click the Set PIN link to set a new PIN for your virtual card.
- Lock/Unlock – Click the Lock button to temporarily lock your cash assistance card if you have lost or misplaced it. You can again unblock it by clicking the same button.
- Transaction Details – The right side panel will show you details about all transactions done by you through your cash assistance card. You can see the transaction date, description, and transaction amount. Initially, you will find a $350 one-time transaction done by GA DHS. You can also sort your transactions according to specified dates.
- Account Holder Details – On the bottom left side, you can find the account holder information.
How to use the Virtual card?
You can use your virtual card in two ways.
- Use it online to purchase anything by using the card number, expiry date, and CVV number just like you use a debit card.
- Add your virtual card to mobile Wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, etc, and use it in-store through tap to pay method where Mastercard is accepted.
We are sharing simple steps to add your card to any Mobile Wallet.
- Open the Wallet app on your smartphone.
- Look for the add payment method option.
- Now select the Add Credit/Debit Card option.
- Enter your cash assistance card information.
- Accept the terms from your card’s issuer.
- Finish adding your card.
You can use your $350 cash assistance immediately at any store after adding it to your mobile Wallet app. For more information about adding a debit or credit card or Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay, you may check the below links.
- Add Cash Assistance Card to Apple Pay
- Add Cash Assistance Card to Google Pay
- Add Cash Assistance Card to Samsung Pay
How to use the physical card?
Your Plastic card is similar to a Debit Card powered by Mastercard. You can swipe it anywhere where Mastercard debit cards are accepted in the U.S.
Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov Customer Service
If your information is correct and you are still having issues logging in, please contact Customer Service at 1-833-907-0683 Option 2 for information regarding your SNAP, Medicaid, or TANF.
If you misplaced your cash assistance card somewhere or If your Card is lost or stolen, immediately call the customer service number -833-907-0683 and report it to avoid any misuse. We suggest all beneficiaries note down the card number, expiration date, CVV2 code, and the toll-free number somewhere.
Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov Highlights:
|Portal Name||Georgia Gateway Cash Assistance|
|Developed by||Georgia Department of Human Services|
|Developed for||Georgia residents who are getting $350 cash assistance|
|Beneficiary||All citizens eligible for the cash assistance program at Georgia State|
|Purpose||To provide cash assistance card activation, balance check transaction details, and other information|
|Language supported||English and Spanish|
|Card issuer||Sutton Bank, Member FDIC|
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am not able to activate my Cash Assistance Card?
For card activation assistance, reach out to the card issuer at 1-833-907-0683. If you need help with your client ID, contact 877-423-4746.
Can I upgrade my Virtual card to a plastic card?
Yes, you can upgrade your virtual prepaid card to a plastic card by paying a $2.1 one-time fee. Citizens will receive a virtual card free of cost but a physical card is not free and a one-time fee will be charged.
How can I find my CashAssistance Gateway GA Gov Client ID?
When you log in to your Georgia Gateway account, you can find your Gateway GA Gov Client ID number in your benefits section. You will also find the client name, case number, benefit details, etc.
You will see a one-time cash assistance table where you can find your Client ID under the “My Benefits Summary”.
Client ID is issued by the Georgia Department of Human Services to all eligible beneficiaries.
For SSI Medicaid participants your Client ID will be a 12-digit number with your Date of Birth and last 4 of your Social Security Number (MMDDYYYY + Last 4 of your SSN). For example, if your Date of Birth is September 5, 1959, and the last 4 of your SSN is 4523 then you’ll enter 090519594523 into the Client ID field.
If you are not able to find your client ID then call 877-423-4746 for assistance.
How can I check the CashAssistance Gateway GA Gov Card Balance?
The Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov check balance facility is available through any one of the below methods.
i-Visit the Cash Assistance website https://cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/sign-in and log into your account. After login, you can check your card balance on your account dashboard page.
ii-Please call the Georgia Cash Assistance toll-free number 1-833-907-0683 and follow the on-call instructions to check your card balance. The phone number is also written on the back of your card.
Do I have to provide a code to access my Cash Assistance Gateway.ga.gov account?
You can log in to your account first time by using your Client ID and date of birth. After that for each login, if you are using a different device or browser, you will receive a one-time code that you will have to enter to verify your identity. It ensures that only you are accessing your account.
How can I update my email preference in Georgia Gateway?
If you want to receive DHS communication through email related to your cash assistance program then you must opt for the email option and update your current email address. Please follow the below steps.
-Visit the gateway.ga.gov website and log in to your account.
-After login, visit the “Benefits Summary” section and click the “Change Notification Method”.
-Select “Email” or “U.S. Mail and Email.”
-Enter your Email address which is currently working.
-Click the Verify button.
-Enter the verification code you receive in your email.
-Click the “Update” button.
You have updated your email address and you will receive important communication through email.
Can I get cash off my card?
Georgia Cash Assistance Prepaid Mastercard can not be used to withdraw the $350 benefit amount. You can not use it at ATMs, point of sale machines, money orders, etc to get cash. You can use your cash assistance benefits to purchase products or services only through online or offline mode.
Additionally, you can not use your Cash Assistance Program Mastercard Prepaid Card internationally. It can be used only within the United States, wherever Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
How can I lock my cash assistance card if I lose it?
You can lock your card if you have lost it or it has been stolen. Login to your cash assistance gateway.ga.gov account and click the Lock button to immediately block access to your card. It will help to prevent any unauthorized access to your card.
Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov not working?
Sometimes citizens face issues while accessing their Georgia cash assistance gateway gov account. It happens rarely due to technical issues and is generally resolved within a day. In this case, if the cash assistance website is not accessible, please wait for some time and try logging in again.
Issues may also appear on the user’s side due to browser issues or internet connectivity. Users can follow below troubleshooting steps below.
-Please ensure that you are using a secure and trusted device.
-Please ensure to open the official website only.
-Please check that you are typing the correct Client ID and date of birth.
-Please clear the browser’s cache and cookies before logging in.
-Please use the latest updated web browser.
All Georgia citizens must activate their Cash Assistance Gateway GA Gov Virtual Card in order to take the benefits of the $350 cash assistance available for them. It’s a valuable resource for all Georgians and offers convenient and easy access to available funds given to them through the Georgia Cash Assistance program.
It is also essential to get an idea about how to use your card and access its benefits by using it through online or offline mode to purchase essential products or services.
We have shared all important guidelines in this article about how to use your card, how to activate a cash assistance card, etc. We hope you find this article helpful. Finally, we would like to thank you for reading this article.