Indiana Gateway DLGF Login: How to view Indiana Gateway employee salary? How to view department-wise and county-wise salary statistics of all employees?
The Indiana Gateway Salary portal is an important web-based tool that provides employees with salary information for Local Government Units, Schools, and Higher Education institutions in Indiana state.
Salary-related data is managed by the Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) which allows all citizens to view department-wise and county-wise salary statistics in a transparent way.
Let’s check out how to access the salary-related information and statistics of different divisions, agencies, and counties.
Indiana Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF)
The Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) is responsible for managing the property tax assessment and local government budgeting as per Indiana law.
All the tax assessment-related rules, property tax rates, levies, etc. are published annually by DLGF.
All subdivisions such as counties, cities, towns, townships, school corporations, libraries, and other entities with tax levy authority can access these rules and other information.
Indiana Gateway DLGF Login
The Indiana Gateway for Government Units provides a central commons for local units to submit their financial forms to the State of Indiana.
Gateway’s local official login portal is accessible only by officials directly responsible for entering and submitting reports to the State.
To log in, visit the local government login page https://gateway.ifionline.org/login.aspx, enter your username and password then click the Log In button.
How to get the Gateway authorization?
Only authorized officials can access the Gateway portal and reporting applications. You can also Request Gateway Reporting Authorization with the help of the below steps.
- Visit the Gateway Reporting Authorization application page at https://gateway.ifionline.org/requestaccess.aspx.
- Fill out the online request form and submit it.
You can request access by filling out this form if you have to submit a report to any one of the Department of Local Government Finance, the Indiana Education Employment Relations Board, the Indiana Gaming Commission, and the State Board of Accounts agencies.
How to reset the Indiana Gateway Login Password?
To reset your password, please follow the below steps.
- Visit the Indiana Gateway login page at https://gateway.ifionline.org/login.aspx.
- Click the Forgot Password link.
- You can visit the password reset page directly at https://gateway.ifionline.org/ForgotPassword.aspx.
- On the password reset page, enter your username and click the Submit button.
- You will get an email on the email address associated with your account.
- Click the password reset link in your email and create a new password for your account.
The Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP)
The Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP) provides financial data, employee salary-related information, revenue and spending-related data, etc.
The ITP portal was launched in 2010 to provide access to various types of financial services, reports, and salary data to the general public in an easy and transparent way.
Employee Salary Information
The State Comptroller which is responsible for managing the payroll of around 30,000 employees in Indiana state manages the ITP portal. All the employee-related payroll and salary information is updated on the ITP portal on a bi-weekly basis which anyone can access online.
If you want to check the fiscal year data which is July 1st through June 30th in the Indiana state, you can access that also through the ITP portal.
Accessing Indiana Gateway Salary Data
To view the employee salary data through the Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), please follow the below steps.
1-Visit the Indiana Transparency Portal:
- To view employee salary information, the first step is to visit the Indiana Transparency Portal. Please visit the official website at https://www.in.gov/itp/state-employees/employee-salaries/.
- You will see an online search form on the screen. You can search for employee salary data by entering your First name, and last name, or selecting any specific agency. You can also select All in the agency selection to view data of all agencies.
- After entering all the data, the portal will display salary data including as per the criteria you have set. that matches your query. You can view annualized or hourly salaries of state employees paid by the State Comptroller.
Employee Compensation by Unit Report
Local governments are required by state law to submit reports to the State of Indiana. A significant number of those reports related to taxing, budgeting, and spending are now collected and available for public viewing through Gateway. Explore by unit or by report type.
- Visit the Report Search page at https://gateway.ifionline.org/report_builder/.
- Click the “Employee Compensation by Unit” link.
- On the next screen, click the Employee Compensation report link.
- On the search form, select the financial year, county, and Reporting Unit.
- Click the View Report button.
You will find employee compensation details including Employee name, Department, Job Title/Duties, and City (as shown below).
Why is Indiana Gateway Salary Information Important?
There are several reasons that encourage you to check the employee’s salary data.
- Transparency: To improve the transparency and trust between the state government and citizens, the Indiana government allows the public to view how taxpayers’ money is spent in government departments.
- Accountability: It also encourages government agencies to be accountable for the work they are doing.
- Decision-Making: Anyone who is accessing the data can trust the authenticity of the data and make an informed decision related to any policy changes, schemes, or any other means.
- Research and Analysis: Salary-related data also allows researchers to analyze, assess, and use it for various purposes to improve productivity.
- Public Awareness: It makes the public aware of official government spending and allows them to participate in the fiscal matters and government processes of the state.
Indiana Employee Headcount Statistics
The State of Indiana’s current employee Headcount is 31,661 as of 06/09/2023. Please check the Division-wise Employee breakdown in the below chart.
As you can see in the above chart ‘Public Safety’ and ‘Health and Human Services’ employed the maximum number of people which stood at 32% of total employees as of 06/09/2023.
If we check the total number of employees according to the state agencies then the ‘Dept of Correction’ has the maximum number of employees and currently 5,168 employees are working there. ‘Family and Social Svcs Admin’ comes in second number and 4,198 employees are working in different Units/Departments.
In short, Out of the total state employees, 16% of employees are working in the ‘Dept of Correction’ and 13% employees are working in the ‘Family and Social Svcs Admin’.
DLGF Gateway Indiana Helpline
In case you are facing any type of issue while accessing or using the Indiana DLGF Gateway portal or any Indiana Gateway application, please call 317-232-3777 or toll-free at 888-739-9826.
You may also send an email to [email protected]. Don’t forget to include your name, your title, the name of your unit, and the county in your email.
|Portal Name||Indiana DLGF Gateway Login|
|Developed for||Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF), Indiana|
|Participating Agencies||Various Local Government Units, Schools, and Higher Education institutions|
|Objective||To provide salary information and access to financial data|
|Beneficiary||Citizens and agencies of Indiana|
|Who can access||The public, policymakers, researchers, and government officials|
Accessing the DLGF Gateway Indiana Portal is very easy if you know the correct web address and follow the correct step-by-step login process. We have already shared the login, new account registration, and account recovery process in this article.
All citizens can easily find salary-related information about state employees. Citizens can take full advantage of the Indiana Gateway Salary portal and access all the important reports and data which is available for everyone.
Finally, thanks for reading this article. Please help us by sharing this article.